In 1786, before our country had a president, Methodist Class Meetings took place in Middle Hope New York. The Church was organized in 1788. Asbury Chapel, dedicated in 1822, was later sold. Another building, purchased in 1885, was dedicated Middle Hope Methodist Episcopal Church November 16, 1886.
Fostertown folks attended Middle Hope services forming their own congregation in 1883. in 1834 Fostertown Methodist Episcopal Church was built and dedicated. In 1808 Meetings started in Rossville. In 1831 the Rossville Methodist Episcopal Church was dedicated.
On December 29, 1975 Middle Hope, Fostertown and Rossville churches united to become Trinity United Methodist Parish.